Sunday, November 30

Feelings, nothing more than feelings, . . .

Feelings in my life are not as complicated as I make them to be 
"Feelings, wo-o-o feelings" . . . pardon me as I break into song!
I posted a little bit about this on facebook but what can I expect when 1/3 of my
friends
are under-aged adolescents who haven't even heard of this song.
"Feelings, wo-o-o feelings"
So this is the deal. . .why is it that I feel something and it lingers and lingers
and lingers and what do I do? ignore it. Yes that is where it can turn complicated
although
the original feeling itself is not. I don't really want to share and I'm sure
you don't want me
to either but I'm just trying to realize and understand when
I will trust more
on those feelings.
"Feelings, wo-o-o feelings"
Why have these feelings if we are not going to trust in them. I'm not having an
existential angst
or anything but really- by now I should know better.
"Feelings, wo-o-o feelings"
So this is the plan, because in all things their should be a plan, I am giving in.
I have
fought with this thinking that as long as I am rational (you know just thinking
with the noggin')
then I will have nothing to fear. However, my feelings don't come
from the brain they come from
the heart. I can't change that and I can't change
what I am feeling so I give up! No more trying
to make it make sense. I'm just
going to go with my feelings. As my BFF always says, my feelings
never betray me.
And in the past when I go with them for good or for bad, I know what's up
but
when I try to ignore them or set them aside I just get all jumbled up in my life.
So no more
jambalaya in this girls life (LOL). . .it's time to focus on the heart
and let the brain join in instead of having the
heart try to catch up to the brain.
"Feelings, wo-o-o feelings"
"Feelings, wo-o-o feelings"
"Feelings, wo-o-o feelings"
"Feelings, wo-o-o feelings"
"Feelings, wo-o-o feelings"
The truth is . . . I already FEEL much better!



2 comments:

Calvin said...

The trick to planning on following your feelings, is that you can't have a plan. Fly by the seat of your pants, don't always worry about what comes next (well to a certain extent, clothes, food and shelter are kind of important). Stop planning on you r feelings, they'll pop up on their schedule, not yours.

Talonia said...

Amen brother!